Shijun You


I got my B.Sc. (Environmental Science) and M.Sc. (Forestry management) from the Dalhousie University and UBC in 2007 and 2010, respectively. 
I joined UBC Botany early 2013 to pursue the PhD under the joint supervision of Dr. Carl Douglas and Dr. Murray Isman (Land and Food System, UBC). The current project I am working on is a phylo-geographical study on one of the destructive agricultural pests, diamondback moth (DBM, Plutella xylostella) in America by molecular-maker-based analysis. The DBM is believed to be the most widely distributed Lepidoptera agricultural pest world-wide. We are expecting to observe the expansion of DBM distribution beyond where we currently know in the context of climate change. I am interested in developing more sustainable strategies for DBM management based on profound understanding of its population dynamics, especially from the molecular level.